If you generate energy on-site, or are looking to start, we can help you to maximise its value by identifying your best route to market and supporting you to sell your excess energy.
Administer energy generation with ease
When exporting the energy you generate, are you frustrated with managing multiple sites with differing documents, a lack of transparency and slow responses to queries? Take the stress and strain out of energy generation administration, with our new Energy Generators platform.
Easily and quickly submit generation forecasts, receive and download statements, raise invoices, and submit queries with total confidence, saving time and energy in the process. The new platform has been designed to simplify energy generation, taking the hassle and headache out of administering exported energy.
Choose budget certainty
A fixed-price Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) lets you set an upfront price for each unit you export, giving you a guaranteed income stream in a volatile market. Simple to manage, standard fixed-price PPAs allow you to set a price for 6-36 months, and sometimes longer.
- Enjoy budget certainty - with a guaranteed energy price no matter how the market behaves
- Simple to manage – once you sign your contract, minimal input is required
- Single point of contact – your Account Manager will be on hand to offer any support you require
Or spread your risk
A flexible (PPA) provides greater control over the timing and volume of power you sell, allowing you to spread trading decisions over a longer period to secure a better average price. You’ll also be better positioned to take advantage of periods of increased demand.
With any of our flexible PPAs, you’ll receive full support from our award-winning Optimisation Desk, plus 24/7 access to our secure Risk Navigator portal for up-to-the-minute market intelligence and bespoke reports.
Flex PPAs: key features
- Direct access to the wholesale market
- A dedicated Client Portfolio Manager
- A choice of N2EX and LEBA market indices
- Unset functionality
- Market index defaults
- Residual volume covered by an Imbalance Risk Profile Fee
- 24/7 access to your trading position via Risk Navigator
Additional flexible PPA options include:
- Flex Innovate PPA – all the benefits of a regular Flexible PPA but with added features and flexibility. For example, a choice of both the APX or N2EX indices to trade on, and no volume tolerance
- N2EX PPA – trade your volume on the N2EX day-ahead auction, delivering a daily average price for both base-load and peak-load. Benefit from a lower Imbalance Premium, no annual reconciliations and no volume tolerance restrictions for intermittent technologies like wind and solar
- System Sell Price (SSP) PPA – the option best suited to generation with sporadic output, or newly commissioned plant. With the usual forecasting requirement removed and no additional balance or volume-related fees, you have greater flexibility around the volume you generate, so you don’t incur any penalties for under or over generation
- Contracts for Difference (CfD) PPA – this PPA works alongside a CfD agreement to provide a minimum price per unit for your power
Get paid for your excess electricity with Smart Export Guarantee (SEG)
E.ON Next are a mandated SEG licensee. If you generate your own electricity through renewable sources, like solar panels or wind, you can get paid for surplus energy.
SEG is a government obligation offering an export tariff that pays customers for excess electricity that they send back to the grid from renewable technologies. SEG replaces the Feed-in Tariff (FIT) scheme which ended on 1 April 2019 for new applicants.
E.ON Next offers export rates starting from 3 pence per kWh paid for exported electricity.
Find out how you could benefit from generating your own renewable energy with E.ON Next.
Information and resources
Stay up to date with the all the latest business energy news here.