Market-wide Half-Hourly Settlement - latest information.

We always aim to provide the best possible service to our valued business customers. However, we know that sometimes things can go wrong. If you have a complaint, we will do everything we can to resolve it with you as quickly as possible.

Submit a complaint online

Complete our simple online form and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss your complaint.

Submit online

Speak with our team

Speak with our team, where we will do what we can to resolve the problem there and then, or pass the information over to our Complaints Team.

Get in touch


Write to us

You can submit a complaint via writing to:

npower Business Solutions
2 Prince's Way
B91 3ES

Please note, complaints submitted by post will be actioned once they have been received by our team.

Complaining about npower Business Solutions

1. Let us try to resolve your problem

Please give us the chance to put things right by contacting our Customer Services Team.

Our details are on your invoice and our contact us page. If you call us, of course we will do what we can to resolve the problem there and then, but if our Customer Service Advisers cannot do that, or if you contact us by post or email and we are unable to answer your query, we will pass the information over to our Complaints Team immediately (see step 2).

2. We’ll open a case and assign a dedicated case handler

Our Complaints Team will open a case and give you a reference number, usually within five working days.

Your dedicated case handler will investigate your complaint in detail, and they’ll work with you to resolve your problem as quickly as possible. We’ll usually do this within 30 working days, but if it takes longer than this we’ll tell you how long it’s likely to take and keep you informed of our progress throughout. If our Complaints Team is unable to agree a solution with you, the team will pass your complaint to our Complaints Manager (see step 3).

If you’re a microbusiness, then you can contact Citizens Advice (or if you’re in Scotland) for free, confidential and impartial advice on consumer issues, and you can consult them at any point during the complaints process (see below for their contact details). 

3. Our management will review and investigate

Our Complaints Manager will review the actions we have taken and any letters, emails and phone calls between you and us. They’ll also review the way we’ve handled your complaint if you tell us you’re not happy. They will usually do this within five working days. If we’ve investigated everything and still cannot agree a way forward, we’ll send you our ‘final position’ letter (also called a ‘deadlock’ letter).

4. Microbusiness customers’ independent review

If you’re a microbusiness customer and we’ve sent you our ‘final position’ letter, or we haven’t been able to resolve your complaint within eight weeks, you have the right to take your complaint to the Energy Ombudsman (the contact details for the Ombudsman are set out further down this page). 

The Ombudsman is there to help resolve disputes between energy suppliers and their customers. It’s free to use its services, and it is totally independent – meaning it does not take sides, and will make a decision based only on the information available.

If you agree with the Ombudsman's decision, we have to act on what it says. This may mean we have to apologise, explain what has gone wrong, correct the problem and give you a financial award. You do not have to accept their decision.

What is a microbusiness customer?

Microbusiness customers are defined by energy regulator Ofgem as businesses that use less than 100,000 kWh of electricity per year, or less than 293,000 kWh of gas, or have fewer than 10 employees (or their full-time equivalent) and an annual turnover or annual balance sheet total of €2 million or less.

Complaining about your TPI/consultant/broker

If you have a dispute in relation to the services provided to you by your Third Party Intermediary (TPI)/consultant/broker, you should contact them directly in the first instance and follow their complaints process.

If you are a microbusiness customer, where the TPI/consultant/broker is unable to resolve the complaint to your satisfaction within eight weeks, then you have the right to access the Energy Ombudsman’s free and impartial Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) service. You can contact the Ombudsman Services by visiting

Impartial Advice

Ombudsman Services

Below are the ways you can contact Ombudsman Services:

Citizens Advice

The Citizens Advice (or if you are in Scotland) consumer service provides free, confidential and impartial advice on consumer issues and can be consulted at any point during the complaints process. Please also see its know your rights (PDF, 606 KB) leaflet.

Below are the ways you can contact Citizens Advice:

We’re open:

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 9am-5 pm
Wednesday 9am-5pm
(Customer Services 9am-12.30pm)
Friday 9am-4.30pm
Excluding public holidays.

Request a call back