What are Ofgem’s Standards of Conduct?
Standards of Conduct is a licence condition that all energy suppliers must adhere to. Its objective is to make sure that each customer is treated fairly.
The key principles are:
1) We behave and carry out any actions in a fair, honest, transparent, appropriate and professional manner.
2) We provide information to each customer which:
- Is complete, accurate and not misleading.
- Is communicated in plain and intelligible language.
- Relates to products or services that are appropriate to the customer to whom it is directed.
- Is fair both in terms of content and how it is presented.
3) We must:
- Make it easy for a customer to contact us.
- Act promptly and courteously to put things right when we make a mistake.
- Ensure that our customer service arrangements and processes are complete, thorough, fit for purpose and transparent.
4) We must identify customers in vulnerable situations and consider their needs to ensure they are not at a disadvantage and help enable them to make informed decisions about their energy supply.
For more information, please visit www.ofgem.gov.uk